Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 7- Assignment # 6

Ok so it's been a really long time since I've updated my blog since I got really busy so hopefully I can remember all of my thoughts on these assignments! Luckily for week 7 our only assignment was our first revision of the Tailor assignment, so I really had the chance to focus on making it better. Here's my revision...


Overall, Mike was really happy with this assignment. He thought concentrating on just one character was definitely the right move and allowed me to really push the unique personality I added to the character. We did have another opportunity to revise the assignment so he gave me some more great notes on pushing some shapes in the tail and making some fixes to the spacing of the ball. The end of the shot was really difficult for me to get looking right so he also gave me some things I could change to make that look better, like having the ball start to rotate back sooner and bring down the stretch at the top of the arc like the other jumps. Here's what I ended up doing for the following week's revision...


I'm really happy with how it turned out. Mike just gave me a few more little tweaks to make to the tail shapes and the ending. He gave me some good feedback on filling in the rest of the arc with the tail shape since we can't see the ball anymore once it goes offscreen. But he said this was an excellent example of the assignment so that was definitely encouraging and I went back and made those fixes for the final progress reel which you will see later!


No comments:

Post a Comment