Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week 10- Assignment #9 Part 2

The pose assignment for this week was "exhaustion". I thought for sure this one would be easy because I'm exhausted a lot, especially after work performing in a parade. But again, it was hard to come up with something that wasn't cliche.

Mike made a good point in saying that if you don't push the pose far enough it just looks like relaxation but if you push it too far it can look like passed out drunk. So this is another one that borders a fine line. He went through my sketches and gave me ideas on how I could push them further. This is the one I ended up choosing...


Mike liked the pose but thought it was leaning more towards relaxed and if it wasn't for the dangling arm it would like this person was just kicking back. The feet propped up like they are takes too much strength for this to really feel like exhaustion. So he suggested that I make the table smaller to have the feet lower and cheat the chair out a bit to support more of the body. 


And this is what I ended up with...



No comments:

Post a Comment