Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 6- Assignment #5

For the first part of week 6 we had the chance to revise our pendulum assignment. I took my mentor's notes and added more of a wave shape at the extreme of the movement since it was going to fast, and had it fall into the original curved pose right as it's hitting the hard stop. He still gave me some minor tweaks I could make so hopefully by the end of term progress reel I'll have it looking just right!


For our main assignment this week we had to animate the character Tailor to show anticipation, squash and stretch, and overlap with the tail. This assignment was a little more exciting and also more difficult because now it's a character with a personality, and the ball moves at its own will with its own thoughts as opposed to just the bouncing ball that was acted upon by outside forces. I thought this would be a good opportunity to get a piece for my demo reel, so I was a little more ambitious with it, and that didn't really turn out to be the best thing for me.


My mentor said he really liked that some of us were thinking about a story line to go along with it because we'll need that later on, but he decided he really needed to be on us this week about simply the task at hand. He gave me some good advice and said to just concentrate on the front character for the revision, as the one behind him gets a little distracting, and now I'll put all my energy into trying to perfect one character.


No comments:

Post a Comment