Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week 11- Assignment #10 Part 1

The assignment this week was to refine our personality walks based on the notes from our mentor. I was not expecting this to be so hard because I felt like Mike's notes from last week seemed pretty simple. However, because I had already changed the animation from stepped mode to splined mode, it was really hard to go back in and change up the timing. Mike said he had been there many times where you have to decide whether to start over from stepped mode or to keep going and fight it. I think I made the wrong choice in deciding to keep going with what I had because I ended up wasting hours trying to fix this thing and it didn't really turn out how I wanted. This is what my revision looked like...


Mike could definitely tell that this wasn't what I was going for. He said I did a nice job breaking up the rhythm but I changed the timing too much to where I lost a bit of clarity, and now the foot timing is a little bit more like a sneak now than a really feminine walk. This happened because the foot eases too much before hitting the ground. He said for the happy stylin' walk I was going for, I should snap the foot down faster and instead just get to the foot up position faster and hold it for a few frames. This was our last opportunity to hand in the assignment but I did go back and address his notes for the progress reel for next week. This time I decided to just start back from what I had originally and it made it a lot easier and faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment