Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Week 9- Assignment #8 Part 2

The second part of our assignment this week was to sketch out poses that convey concern. This was another tough one this week because a lot of these poses can be misunderstood as something else. Even as Mike said in his critique it's hard because it kind of borders the line between concern and depression, and some of my drawings did look more like depression.

Mike made a great point that usually a more relaxed body posture reads as depressed, whereas when you are concerned your body is more tense. Mike actually liked number 2 a lot out of my sketches but I didn't pick it because I didn't think it was interesting enough, but I agree that it reads more as concerned than a lot of the others. I picked number 3 because out of my drawings I thought it was the most clear and looked the least like it could be bordering depression. So here's what I did


Mike suggested that I take the curve out of his body and create more of a straight line of action to create more tension.


So here is my final render...



No comments:

Post a Comment