Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week 12- Progress Reel!

Ahh time has flown and class one of Animation Mentor is officially over! Our only assignment this last week was to put together a progress reel of all our assignments from this class, so I went back and did final revisions on all of them based on the last notes Mike gave me- here it is!


I was kind of sad leaving our last live Q & A session this week because I've really enjoyed working with Mike. He's been really honest and straightforward, not only about our assignments but also about working in the industry. We spent probably a good hour just asking him questions and it seemed nothing was off limits. He was willing to answer anything we had for him and offered to keep in touch with us and told us we can always send him stuff for his opinion. I'm sure he will be invaluable to my future career. He also gave us all final overall feedback from the class and I was really happy with what he told me. He said my previous experience really showed as I came into class with a solid workflow. He said I had very thorough explorations of the pose assignments which will definitely help me in later acting classes. He also said I have uniqueness to my work and I have that "x factor". That made me really happy! For areas of improvement he said that I should continue to practice restraint because the few times that my shots started to get away from me was when I was trying to do too much. I think that's really solid advice and he is absolutely right. I'll keep that in mind moving forward. It was perfect timing on the very last day of the semester, one of the films Mike worked on- Pixar's "Inside Out" premiered and I loved it! It felt really cool knowing that the guy who's been mentoring me for 3 months and even went to this school where I am now, was an animator on this awesome film. It felt very inspiring and I am extremely excited to move forward with classes. Week have one week off and then I'll be back to discuss class two!


No comments:

Post a Comment