Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 9- Physicality Refining 1

So this was my first week putting my animation in spline mode. I tried to make all the changes Derek said but I did not realize until after how painfully slow the whole thing is. It is definitely proving to be quite the challenge now that I have actually put this thing in splined. Flipping the character over and getting her to actually be in the right spot from frame to frame is really difficult and I've had to do a lot of drawing on my screen where each of her body parts should be at certain times. That method is helping though. I am enjoying the lectures these last couple of weeks on how internal and external forces affect the body and weight and balance according to how much force needs to be exerted. It's all very fascinating to observe the body doing even really mundane things like getting up from a chair and noticing how the body needs to move in order to keep itself in balance. I have to try to keep all of that in mind in these coming weeks. Here's what my first pass looks like


Derek said I did a nice job splining and he could tell there's more ups and downs and switching of the spine. He gave me a few notes on my poses and there were a couple things I could still push. He said to really look at the reference, there were a couple spots where he didn't believe that's what she was actually doing until he looked at live action and realized that's actually how it looks. I had some spots where I needed to change the spacing of certain body parts because she looked kind of locked in place for a few frames and not so flowy. He said the main thing I need to worry about is the timing of everything. Overall everything is too slow, which seems so obvious watching it now, and a few areas within it that need to speed up or slow down. Right now it's a little too floaty. Good thing I have another couple of weeks to work on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment