Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 10- Physicality Refining 2

This week was our second pass in refining our assignment. I'm still having trouble getting the ending to look right. I did add another little off balance moment at the end because I wanted to make it a little more interesting. I just can't get it to look natural. This week I downloaded even more reference of other gymnasts to look at. I also did a lot more drawing on my screen to make sure everything was following nice arcs, and that has helped a lot. Here's how it's looking


Derek said it looks awesome and it has definitely improved. I sped it up in the right places and the timing has improved, but it still needs some work in a couple of places. He agreed that the ending isn't quite there and wanted me to take out that extra little bit at the end and instead just have her kind of settle out of just regaining her balance. There were more important parts I should be working on. He gave me a lot of other little notes having to do with spacing of different body parts and sometimes everything is moving at the same time so she looks like a rock statue moving in place. This week's critique from him was really long and in-depth which was awesome because he gave me a lot of little areas where I could really polish and have a nice looking animation. We have one more shot to turn this thing in for a grade so I'm happy he really took the time to dissect it for me.
And now I leave you with this

No comments:

Post a Comment