Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 6- Quadruped Walk Revision/ Poses

This week was our first revision to our quadruped walk. I'm still enjoying the lectures on quadrupeds as I find it really interesting the different ways animals move and what really sells how heavy they are. They talked about Eadweard Muybridge, the photographer famous for showing images of motion. It was really interesting seeing shot by shot where all the body parts were. So far, I'm pretty happy with how the walk is turning out, mostly because I started out really having no idea how to do this.


Derek said overall my walk looks great, especially from the front. He told me I might want to tone down the up and down of the head because it might be too much for the speed it's going. He also just gave me a few notes on moving some keys around and changing paw poses around to tone down pops. Luckily we still get another week to work on this so I'll polish it up with those changes next week.
This was also the last week for our pose assignments. We had to draw dogs at play and pick two to pose in Maya. At this point, it was getting really difficult to find cool poses that we haven't already drawn in the previous weeks. These are the two I thought had the best silhouette and line of action.



Derek really liked this pose. The only note he really had was that the back foot seems a little weightless and it either needs to be more on the ground supporting the weight, or further off the ground like he just left the ground. I chose the latter because I felt it looked more interesting and followed the line of action better.


Derek said this was a lovely pose and it's nice that it's in that moment where he's down and about to come up at the same time. He said it's awesome and couldn't see anything I should fix. So I kept this one the same. Here's the final!



No comments:

Post a Comment