Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Week 5- Assignment #4 Part 2

The other part of our week 5 assignment was animating a pendulum to concentrate on drag and overlapping acting. Some people were going crazy with their assignments and making their pendulums do all sorts of things, including interacting with other objects. That would be cool, but I really wanted to make sure I nailed the purpose of the assignment so I just did something basic. Our mentor told us that if we did extra stuff in our assignments then the main principal and purpose ought to be amazing, otherwise we just wasted time making it look fancy and we missed the point. So first we had to plan it out, and I just drew in some main keys and wrote down some notes and rules of thumb.


We could have approached this assignment in a couple of different ways, but what really helped me get the wave principal down was using the grease pencil tool in Maya to actually draw in the S shapes and curves below the block and moved my pendulum to fit those shapes. I was essentially doing this


This really helped get the correct overlap feeling to my pendulum and my mentor commented on it. I think the grease pencil is a really handy tool that I'll continue to use in overlap. Here's how my pendulum turned out



No comments:

Post a Comment