Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Class 4- Shot #2 Blocking process

I am now in week 8 of Class 4- 4 more weeks to go! We just handed in our second blocking pass of our dialogue shot, so it is still in stepped mode. My mentor also instructed us not to add the lip sync yet so it wouldn't distract from how the rest of the body was working for now. I definitely have to figure out my process for approaching facial animation with the body. First I got the main movements and timing down with the body that went along with the dialogue and then I went ahead and started adding facial expressions. I had a really difficult time making sure the character maintained the framing I wanted with this camera throughout the shot while having her walk forward and hit her mark where I wanted her to end up. It turns out I had to do a lot of cheating to get her there but I think it worked out! Here's my blocking continued pass from last week.


I got a couple notes from my mentor to fix for this upcoming week and now I can put it into full spline mode and start adding the lip sync!


No comments:

Post a Comment