Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Class 4- Shot #2 Planning

The time is here! We're finally getting into our first dialogue and lip sync shot. So now we have to remember everything we've learned about proper body mechanics and add acting techniques and full facial animation. Our first task was to find 3 lines of dialogue that were 10 seconds or under, had an interesting rhythm in tone and emotion, and we had to try to change the context of the shot from how it originally was from whatever movie or show it came from. We also couldn't use anything that was too recognizable. We can use only one character with a static camera.
   I started searching for dialogue early so that I wouldn't be so stressed out this week, because we also had to shoot reference video, sketch out thumbnails for each of the ideas, and do two poses from our reference on our characters with full facial expressions. Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well because it was extremely difficult to find the right piece of dialogue. There's a lot of pressure because this is the shot we're going to be working on for the rest of the term and it's my first dialogue piece to go on my demo reel. I literally spent entire days from when I woke up to when I went to bed at 1:30am searching and searching.
   So it really came down to the wire and I finally narrowed it down to my three lines. I ended up shooting my reference video from about 10:00pm- 4:00am after already not having a lot of sleep so I was a little crazy during this, but here's my audio and then below is the reference I shot.


That third shot was a last minute decision I made and I didn't end up being too happy with it. I liked how the first two came out and my mentor said the same thing. He said he'd much rather see the second one as I originally intended as a medium wide shot where we actually see a patient on a gurney but if I didn't want to do that I should stick with my first idea. I had trouble deciding whether I wanted to go the funny route or the creepy route, but ultimately I decided to go with creepy. I hope it's the right choice lol. I'm really excited to get started with this, although I'm nervous about having the character actually walking and bending over and then adding a face on top of it, yikes! Wish me luck! Oh and here are the poses I did for the assignment...


No comments:

Post a Comment