Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week 3- Assignment #2 Part 1

Our assignment from week 3 had two parts, so this is part one- creating a pose to convey "excitement." I like this assignment a little better than the first because we had something specific we were aiming for, whereas last week was a little vague and we could pick any pose we wanted. I took the notes I got from the first assignment and tried applying them to the sketches this week. I drew some more variety and tried pushing my poses a little bit more. The difficulty in this assignment was that there's seem to only be so many things you can do with your body alone to show excitement and we want to avoid cliche. A lot of poses tend to look very similar to other students' drawings. So these are the sketches I started off with...


Sometimes I find it hard to draw what I really want and I really wanted to try pushing some poses further, so I took them into photoshop and drew over them in blue to see if I could get something better. I ended up getting a lot of different opinions as to which pose I should pick for this week, so I decided to try out a bunch of them in 3D. I added them to my photoshop sketches...


I ended up choosing the air guitar pose because I felt it was the least cliche and I didn't see a lot of other people with that pose. 



My mentor liked that I chose that one also. I got some great feedback from him this week- luckily it was mostly positive stuff! He liked that I listened about the line of action in the arms from the previous week and they flowed together well in this pose, and he suggested I could move his bent elbow up a little to push it further. He also suggested that I make his bent knee more a part of the body's line of action so the movement flowed better in the pose. This is how his drawing ended up...


So after taking his notes into consideration, this is how my final pose turned out...


Now if you really wanna see some excitement, check out part 2 of this assignment! Just don't get too excited....


No comments:

Post a Comment